- Developing a vocabulary set of Mandarin phonetic symbols (Zhuyin)
- Understanding and appreciating Chinese characters and literacy
- Practicing and writing Chinese characters
- Understanding and reading Chinese short stories
- Appreciating and learning "The 300 Tang Poems"
- Appreciating and learning "The Three Character Classic"
- Appreciating and learning "The Rules for Students"
- Developing strong operations and algebraic thinking
- Mathematical practices and applications, focusing on California Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- Art appreciation
- Artisanal handicraft
- Learning and practicing Chinese children’s songs
- Performance and Dance